Finding an Office Solution Post Covid
The way we work and consume office space has changed dramatically in recent years. The humble serviced office, once shunned a place for small businesses that couldn't afford a lease is now confined to history. Now using Coworking and Shared Office spaces are on trend and high on the agenda post Covid. With the imminent 'return to the office' due in June, if Boris announces that it is safe to unlock the country, many office workers will be invited to come back.
The question for business owners, is your office space fit for purpose now and are you getting the best value for money?
If you're thinking of comparing the market, where do you start?
There are literally 1000's of options in the UK, with 100's of different providers offering a range of facilities to suit all budgets.
So what are the key driving factors to consider when looking for an office:
- Location, ease of access/close to employee's & talent/synergy to your clients
- People, do your staff need desk space, are they now home working?
- Collaboration, making your business accessible for all staff when needed for meetings, reviews and team work
- Price, based on term of stay, size of suites, type of product you need, meeting your budget
- Facilities, onsite cafe, meeting rooms, breakout space, showers, bike racks, gym, roof terrace, bar, free tea and coffee...
- Term, allowing you to flex the contract, if businesses demands it
- Environment, carbon footprint and green credentials
- Culture, are you working with likeminded business people and supported by onsite teams that mirror your brand
- Image, the providers standard of finish/fittings and star rating perception
A broker will analyse and consider all of your needs and identify which providers most closely match your requirements.
After viewing the spaces, creating a shortlist and eventually picking an office, they will ensure you get the best deal on the market. Best of all, unlike Tenant rep agents, they don't charge a fee for their services! Your new service provider pays the brokers fee, leaving you to focus on making money and enjoying your new office home.
So before you sign up to a new office or sign that renewal, take a few moments to compare the market!