Leeds is the UK’s fastest growing city and is the main driver of a city region with a £64.6 billion economy, a combined population of 3 million and a workforce of 1.37 million. Over the next ten years, the economy is forecast to grow by 21% with financial and business services set to generate over half of GVA growth over that period.
- Hs2 is forecast to deliver 19,700 potential new jobs and a single economic corridor that will boost the Leeds City Region economy by £7.8 billion every year
- With over 109,000 companies generating 5% of England's total economic output of £60.5 billion, the Leeds City Region is an emerging global economic powerhouse
- Leeds City Region economy grew by 40% in the last decade despite global recession
- Long-term investment projects like national high-speed rail links HS2 and the northern hub mean faster and more reliable journeys in the future, across a combined economic area of 15 million people.
- 7 million people within a 1 hour drive
- (HS2) will unlock much needed capacity and bring a reduced journey time of 82 minutes from Leeds to London.
Source: Property Circle.